These spicy chicken salad wraps are guilt free and perfect for on the go.
The folks at Hidden Valley (c/o) challenged Duhlicious to come up with a recipe using one of their new Ranch dressings in time for the Calgary Stampede. Ranch dressing is a great foundation to add flavor, and I took full advantage of that. I thought that making salad wraps would be ideal if eating these at the Stampede; because they’re low maintenance and pack a lot of punch.
Spicy BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled
(seasoned with 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp chili flakes)
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley Ranch (spicy)
- 1/4 cup stampede bbq sauce
- 12 medium size rice wrappers
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber
- 2 nectarines, pitted and lightly grilled
- 1 cup mixed greens lettuce
1. Prepare chicken, and nectarines on the BBQ. Cut cucumber, carrot, chicken and nectarines into matchstick cuts.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix Spicy Hidden Valley Ranch, and BBQ sauce. Toss chicken until coated.
4. Stack ingredients in the center of the wrap, and fold edges of the rice wrap towards the center to encase the edges of the filling. Carefully full one of the bottom outer edges over the ingredients and applying pressure, begin rolling. You’ll want to tightly wrap the ingredients, so when you cut the wrap in to two pieces, they won’t fall out.
5. You can create a dip for the wraps (1:1 ratio of BBQ sauce and Spicy Ranch)