Delectable french toast bites topped with nutella and bananas– oh baby.
October is “World Egg Month”, and the Egg Farmers of Ontario have asked food bloggers to whip up their favorite french toast recipe to celebrate. As part of World Egg Month, the Egg Farmers of Ontario have provided me with a $50 Cora gift card for one lucky reader!
If there is a Cora’s near you and you can use the gift card, you can enter to win it by finding out one fun fact about eggs from the Egg Farmers of Ontario website, then leaving a comment below. Contest closes Thursday, November 3rd at 6pm EST and the winner will be announced shortly after.
Nutella and Banana French Toasties
(Recipe is for 8 bread slices; ~30 toasties)
- 8 thick slices white bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
+ 1/3 cup Nutella
+ 2 large bananas, sliced
+ whipped cream
+ maple syrup for dipping
+ cocoa powder to garnish (optional)
1. Place a slice of bread on a cutting board. Align a round cookie cutter (or make-shift shot glass) in the corner of the slice and push through the bread. Once the cookie cutter makes it all the way through bread, gently remove the bread outside the cutter. Repeat, cutting as many circles from one slice as possible. Repeat on all slices of bread.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, whipping cream, sugar, salt, orange zest and vanilla extract.
3. In a griddle or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of the toasties in the egg mixture and carefully transfer to the hot griddle. Brown on both sides and transfer to a warm plate while remaining the remaining toasties cook.
4. Top with Nutella, sliced bananas and whip cream.