Easy to prepare smoked salmon canapes for when you would rather hang out with your guests than be in the kitchen.
No fuss canapes– they really don’t need much more of an intro than that.
Smoked Salmon Canapes (makes ~12)
- 100 g smoked salmon slices
- 1 – 200 g package of plain cream cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
+ serving platter
+ piping bag
1. Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, soften the cream cheese on a medium speed setting. Add lemon juice, chives and dill, and continue mixing until it comes together.
2. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag, and pipe a swirl of cream cheese on each of your cucumber slices, creating a ‘well’. Top each cream cheese well with smoked salmon.
Serve immediately. Yep, thats all.
If you want to make this a dairy-free appetizer, omit the cream cheese, and substitute a sesame crisp for the cucumber. Garnish with a lemon peel swirl.
The good folks at Philadelphia Cream Cheese are giving away a gift pack to two lucky readers. The gift pack includes an apron, and a coupons for $1 off Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Leave a comment for a chance to enter. A winner will be chose at random on June, 3rd.