When my family moved to Canada, I went through a period where I would eat Nutella straight from the jar—no bread, just spoonfuls of chocolaty goodness. I probably should mention that I highly regret doing this, as it may have been was [definitely] responsible for my weight gain in my teen years (I now advocate moderation).
I needed a little bit of comfort today; studying for my final exams has been horrible. A combination of exhaustion and lacking drive makes it extremely difficult to concentrate.
Needless to say, taking 5 minutes to enjoy this warm, strawberry Nutella sandwich was what I needed. I promise that Nutella isn’t sponsoring this post… but if they happen to read this, and have a few extra jars lying around, I’ll take them;)
Ooey-gooey Nutella and Strawberry Sandwich (glass of milk is mandatory)
- 2 slices of bread (I prefer organic spelt)
- 2 tlbs Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
- 3-6 strawberries, washed
1. Toast bread to your liking (I like mine crispy and dark– but not burnt)
2. Slice your strawberries while the bread is toasting. You can take a few extra minutes to make them into hearts, but this is completely unnecessary.
3. Spread Nutella on your bread while it is warm, and top with sliced strawberries.
A simple and satisfying treat for when you’re running short on time and mental capacity. Enjoy.