These canapes (a fancy french word for appetizers) are simple to make, refreshing, and diet friendly Enjoy– waterfront and deck optional.
- 2 tablespoons of real mayonnaise (sub light for diet friendly)
- 1 can of white tuna- drained and flaked
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 slices of cheese (optional)
- 1 small pepper (optional– sub hot pepper for extra zing)
- 15 croutons (optional)
1. Combine tuna and mayonnaise until smooth. Season to taste
2. Cut cucumbers into 1″ slices, and scoop out centre. For added appeal cut the edges of the cucumber to create a pattern.
3. Fill cucumber slices with filling and garnish. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
* To make the pepper twist, cut a small thin strip of pepper, and twist around a chopstick. Simple enough:)
How perfect is this picture? Courtesy of Andrew. Just add canapes