So I have been a little busy (…okay; a lot busy) with cupcake orders lately. On Sunday, I had an overwhelming amount of left over cupcakes that were the runts of the bunch. Some were too big, some were to small, and some just weren’t right.
Instead of throwing these little guys away, I decided to fulfill their destiny as edible goodies, and make a nice trifle. This recipe is not your traditional trifle, but I think its better!
- A dozen sub par cupcakes (or a pound cake)
- 1 can of peach halves (save the syrup)
- 500mL whip cream
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 fresh peach for garnish
1. Cut cupcakes into 1″ squares and set aside
2. Drain your peach halves, and save the syrup
3. Toss the cupcake squares with the syrup and allow to ‘rest’
4. Slice the halves into slivers
5. Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff… do not over beat
6. Layer the ingredients in a large bowl (start with a cupcake base, add whip cream, than peaches and repeat)
7. Cover and refrigerate for two hours