- 8-10 Small Turkey Pepperettes
- 1 mediurm onion
- 3 tbls cooking oil
- 5-6 medium peeled and diced potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.5 cups of water
- 2 tbls paprika
1. Cut pepperettes into 1 cm rounds, and brown in oil on medium high heat.
2. Add onions, and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add paprika and bay leaves, and turn stove down to a simmer.
4. Add the potatoes, and season stew with salt and pepper.
5. Add water, cover and simmer until potatoes are done and meat is tender. A slow simmer is the key to making this stew really tasty.
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbls flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
Add flour to unbeaten egg and salt. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes for flour to mellow. Drop by teaspoonful into Goulash. Cover and simmer 10 minutes after dumplings rise to surface.