I just wanted to remind all my readers who observe Daylight Savings in their towns to set your clocks FORWARD an hour this Saturdayday at 2:00 a.m. I don’t want anyone missing work, or being late for an important meeting:)
Since we have one less hour, I chose a recipe I received from a recipe exchange that is quite simple. This means spring is around the corner… I can’t wait for the smell of freshly cut grass. A little weird I know.. but I associate that smell with warm weather! Do you have any quarks like that?
- 5 1/2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 2/3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 350′F.
2. Line a 12 muffin tray with cupcake liners.
3. Place butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, lemon juice and
lemon zest in bowl and beat on slow speed until ingredients have combined.
4. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
5. Fold in apricot.
6. Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool cupcakes completely before filling, icing (I like plain butter cream) or fondant-ing