I feel like Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that I should be totally against… But I just can’t be. There is something about the pink, red and white that always gets to me (plus it helps to have that significant other:)
What better way to show that someone special that you care by making them their present? Nothing says I love you like chocolate and cookies.
His and Hers Sugar Cookies
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup White Candy Melts
- 1/2 Cup Red Candy Melts
- 1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate
1. Cream butter and sugar
2.Add egg and vanilla extract, and mix until combined
3. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
4. Roll the dough into a ball, wrap with cling wrap, and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350′F
6. Remove dough from fridge, and roll it to a 1/4″ thickness
7. Use a heart shape cookie cutter, and transfer cutouts to a parchment lined cookie sheet
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Recipe makes about 15 cookies
While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate over three separate double-boilers. Start by dipping the cookie in white chocolate, and then diagonally in either the chocolate (tuxedo cookie) or pink (sweater and pearls) candy melts, allowing the chocolate to set in between each colour. Tip: use parchment triangles to add details such as a bow tie, or pearls:)
*If you don’t have the time or patience to make His and Hers cookies, just go nuts like I did below. Happy Valentine’s Day