- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 – 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- cooked pasta (fettucine, spaghetti or penne all work well… as you can see I used angle hair!)
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4.Stir in cream. Heat just until hot.
I added ground beef and mushrooms just because I was clearing out my fridge! Feel free to be creative!!
5. Serve over cooked pasta with grated parmesan cheese.