Posted on 01 December 2008 by Mădălina
I am back home in Toronto taking a breather before my hectic week starts! My mom surprised me with a recipe she got from The Complete Canadian Living Baking Book, and we spent the afternoon making them! The recipe makes about 20 squares; and served 3 people (hehe!!) They were phenomenal.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- Lemon rind of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 30 social tea cookies
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Grease a 13×9″ cake pan and set aside
3. In a food processor, pulse the social tea cookies to make about 2 cups of crumbs
4. Add the butter until moistened
5. Press into the prepared pan and bake until firm(about 12 minutes). Let Cool in pan.
6. In a bowl, beat cream with sugar and 1 egg until smooth.
7. Spread over base; and set aside
8. In a bowl; crack the remaining three eggs
9. Add lemon juice, lemon rind, flour, baking powder and sugar until smooth
10. Pour the mixture over the cheesecake layer, and bake in oven until edges are set and lightly browned. Let cool in pan on rack, cut into bars and dust with icing sugar
Make sure to let the bars cool completely before cutting and removing them from the pan. Use parchment paper to line the pan, to lift the bars out. You can wrap these bars and refrigerate for up to five days (but I can guarantee you these won’t stick around that long!)