They keep getting cuter, right? I added the meringues I made earlier as toppers to mini cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C), and line cupcake tin with paper liners
2. Cream butter an sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and mix well.
3. Add zest and vanilla extract, and stir until fully mixed. Set aside
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, and salt.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture and milk to the the butter and sugar.
6. Mix well, and fill the cupcake tin. If making mini-cupcakes, bake for about 8-10 minutes, for larger cupcakes, takes about 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
*Allow to cool before frosting.
Makes about 12 Large cupcakes, or 50 Mini Cupcakes
2 cups of SIFTED powdered sugar (also called icing or confectioners sugar)
1/2 butter or margarine, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp light cream or milk
Icing color (optional)
1. Cream the butter or margarine until smooth. Add vanilla extract
2. Gradually beat in sugar.
3. Add the milk, and beat on high until the frosting is light and fluffy. * Add more milk or sugar if needed
4. Tint the frosting with icing color if desired